ITA    ENG

Enic & Culture

We live and work surrounded by the works of art our ancestors left us and create the unique atmosphere that continues to fascinate Florentines and visitors.
Even the events industry makes use of magical places for staging unforgettable events.
Over the years ENIC has contributed to restoration projects in the special places.



Studiolo di Casa Buonarroti
Studiolo Casa Buonarroti Michelangelo Buonarroti the Younger, the great Michelangelo's nephew had this "studiolo" built as a little private - and most elegant - space to study and meditate, and provide warmth during harsh winters. The "studiolo", defined as escritoire, is decorated with delicate landscapes, flights of swallows and a trompe l'oeil table. It is the first restoration sponsored by us.
Coronation of the Virgin
L'incoronazione della Vergine This fourteenth century triptych by Bernardo Daddi hangs in the Galleria dell?Accademia in Florence.
The company that sponsored this restoration on the occasion of a special event it hosted, followed through with a five-year program dedicated to the restoration of other works of art.
Bas-relief of the She-Mule
bassorilievo-della-muletta This bas-relief sculpture is set into the wall of Ammannati's loggia in the courtyard of Palazzo Pitti.
It was carved as a tribute the little mule who helped Ammannati's workers haul building materials when the palace was being remodeled.
The sculpture was done by an unknown artist but it deserved a careful restoration.
The Bagpipe Player (dwarf)
suonatore-di-piva This statue, attributed to Pietro Tacca, stands near the Isola in the Boboli Gardens, above the wall outside the Citrus House.
It was made in 1620 to decorate the garden and like the "Seated Bagpipe Player was one of the sculptures known as "grotesque"... in the days of the Medici's it was common to display deformities for public mockery.
Seated Bagpipe Player (dwarf)
suonatore-seduto This statue, attributed to Giovanni Caccini initially stood in a cage near the Isola in the Boboli Gardens and was moved when the Lorraines remodeled and transformed the gardens.
Like the "Bagpipe Player" this sculpture is one of the statues known as "grotesque" and ENIC contributed to its restoration.
"Rest During the Flight into Egypt" - by Bonifazio Veronese
../riposo-durante-la-fuga-in-egitto This painting in the Galleria Palatina in Palazzo Pitti belonged to the Grand Prince Ferdinando De' Medici who was particularly fond of Venetian painting.
The restoration brought to light the picture's outstanding quality and confirmed the attributed to Bonifazio Veronese.
Museum of Musical Instruments
Galleria dell'Accademia

museo-strumenti-musicali ENIC made a donation to the fund for the restoration of antique instruments in the Museo degli Strumenti Musicali of the Conservatorio di Musica L. Cherubini, which is part of the Galleria dell'Accademia di Firenze.
The approximately fifty instruments on display come mainly from the Medici and Lorraine collections.
"Grace" - by "Michelangelo del Naccherino"
grazia When the southern part of the Boboli Gardens was expanded during the reign of Cosimo II (1609-1621) many sculptors were summoned to make statues alluding to ancient mythology.
One of these artists was Michelangelo del Naccherino, a pupil of Giambologna, and this statue of "Grace" has been attributed to him.
"Vladimir Kara" - Twenty years of painting
kara The anthological exhibition of works by the Russo-French painter Vladimir Kara was held in Palazzo Lenzi in cooperation with the Institut Francais de Florence and the Honorary Consulate of France in Tuscany and under the patronage of the City of Florence and the Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino. Organized and sponsored by ENIC.
"Gladiator" - Boboli Gardens
il-gladiatore This Roman copy of an earlier statue of the Greek hero Aristogeiton was brought to Florence from the Villa Medici in 1616.
Today the statue stands at the beginning of the Avenue of Cypresses in the Boboli Gardens and was restored with our contribution.
"Adoration of the Shepherds" - Museo degli Argenti
adorazione-dei-pastori This bas-relief consisting of several pieces of ivory that the artist glued and set into a wooden support to carve comes from the collection of Cardinal Leopoldo de' Medici.
The fact that the ivory pieces are of different thicknesses make the composition truly extraordinary; the restoration was needed to remove dust and grime from the surface.
Hundredth Anniversary of the Russian Orthodox Church in Florence
chiesa-russa The church, which was opened and consecrated in 1903 is part of the city's heritage and direct evidence of the long relationship between Florence and its Russian community.
M. Cristina Dalla Villa, Enic's founder, earned her degree in Russian from the Scuola Interpreti of Florence, and through this sponsorship wanted to emphasize her own, and the firm's, strong ties with Russia and its culture.
Chinese Watercolors at the Villa della Petraia
acquerelli-cinesi The three large watercolors are part of the collection of the Medici Villa della Petraia where ENIC has organized hugely successful events.
The watercolor paintings on triple-layer Chinese paper date from the mid-eighteenth century and depict outdoor domestic scenes with birds and flowers.
The restoration included a complete disinfestation and replacement in the original frames.
Le Pagliere
pagliere Le Pagliere is a unique place that is part of the former Royal Stables adjacent to the Boboli Gardens and Palazzo Pitti.
Construction began in 1865 when Florence was capital of Italy.
The most striking features of the building are the front portico, the trussed wooden ceiling of the first floor and the big windows with the terracotta sunshades that create a truly unusual setting.
Enic contributed to the building restoration.
Casa Buonarroti - Drawings from the Louvre
disegni-dal-louvre The Museo della Casa Buonarroti hosted an extraordinary exhibition of over ninety items from the collection of Italian Renaissance drawings that Edmond de Rothschild donated to the Louvre in the 1930s.
"A European glory" - Casa Buonarroti
Pietro da Cortona The exhibition, housed in the four exhibition halls on the ground floor of the Casa Buonarroti, consists of unpublished or little-known pieces by Pietro da Cortona (1597-1669), a fine painter and architect of the Florentine Baroque. Curated by Pina Ragionieri, the exhibition relies on the partnership with the S. Croce Basilica as well.
Associazione Partners Palazzo Strozzi
Associazione Partners Palazzo Strozzi Palazzo Strozzi in Florence is one of Italy's most beautiful Renaissance palaces.
The Associazione Partners Palazzo Strozzi supports the foundation in its work of sponsoring and organizing important exhibitions and studies.
It enjoys the support of Italian and foreign companies which, under the aegis of the purest form of patronage want to promote art and culture for the benefit of Florence and those who love the city.
Palazzo Pitti
Portone Palazzo Pitti It is a portal Lorraine period, dating from the early nineteenth century, two doors with arched bow, made of walnut, to the outside, and spruce, for the inside.
Matilda di Canossa
Matilda di Canossa With the Matilda di Canossa 9th centenary death anniversary, an exhibition retraced her human parable. The exhibition was held at the Fondazione Casa Buonarroti in the historical center of Florence, through 40 masterpieces of medieval art and original documents coming from museums, Italian and foreign institutions and kept in Michelangelo's family house. Enic contributed to the hospitality.

 








foto enic

July 2018
FLORENCE IN PINK...
The 2018 DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL was held in Florence from 6 to 8 July, and Lucia De Ranieri, president of the 2018 IBCPC DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL could not be any happier if she tried... (Read more)

Back to top